Aside from the damage and property loss, smoke odor after a house fire can be very difficult to eradicate. The smoke odor can linger for days and even weeks after the flames have been put out. It permeates furniture, clothing, carpets, bedding, and more. Even the most experienced restoration professionals trust BioSweep Southeast to completely eradicate the smoke odor after a house fire.
Smoke odor in your home caused by a natural disaster nearby - such as a forest fire - or from an accident - such as a cooking fire that has gotten out of control - can severely affect the indoor air quality of your home and even pose a health risk to your family. Several factors can affect the severity of the smoke odor:
- Size of the fire: obviously, the larger the fire, the more smoke there will be.
- Length of exposure: the longer the area is exposed to smoke, the more deeply embedded the smoke odor can be in all porous and non-porous materials.
- Size of the room affected: The smaller the room, the more intense and concentrated the smoke odor can become.
- Materials involved: different burnt materials can produce different types of odors behind. Plastic materials that have been burnt will smell much differently than fires in which wooden materials have burnt.
Getting rid of the smoke smell after a fire can be quite challenging. Removing the smoke odor requires a lot of work and specialized training and equipment.
Whether you want to remove the smoke odor yourself or hire a professional company, like BioSweep Southeast, here are a few helpful tips you should know:
- Air out the area: open all doors and windows to ensure good ventilation and allow plenty of fresh air inside. It's a good idea to place fans throughout the house.
- Remove all items that have been completely destroyed by the fire
- Clean all items that can be salvaged: wash all washable items (curtains, area rugs, furniture covers, blankets and clothing), clean all solid surfaces (walls, ceilings and windows, shelves, furniture and wooden floors) and clean carpets.
At BioSweep Southeast we offer a large selection of products and equipment specifically designed for smoke odor removal after a fire. Our powerful equipment (filters, air scrubbers and hydrogen peroxide generators) and our eco-friendly odor-busting chemicals can assist to PERMANENTLY remove smoke odor. All of our experienced technicians are trained to troubleshoot the problem and determine the best solution. They will use safe and efficient odor removal techniques to achieve the best possible results. Your home will smell nice and clean once again after they have completed their treatment.